At our 37th AGM the new General Operating By-law No. 100 was adopted by the members of Air Canada Pionairs (Corporation).
The purpose of these new By-laws is to continue the Corporation from its incorporating legislation Canada Corporations Act (CCA) into new mandatory federal legislation Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (CNCA).
General Operating By-law No. 100
The CNCA contains many rules that are very different from the rules under the CCA. In order to comply with these new rules, the new General Operating By-law No. 100 was prepared.
In addition, new provisions have been included in the new By-law No. 100 to reflect good governance principles.
- The name of this organization shall be the Air Canada Pionairs.
- The Air Canada Pionairs shall be a non-political and a not for profit organization.
- The registered office of the Air Canada Pionairs shall be located at 123 Dawnville Drive, Winnipeg MB R3W 1L6.
- The Executive Office of the Air Canada Pionairs will be in the city of area of residence of the President, or as may otherwise be designated from time to time.
- The Fiscal year of the Air Canada Pionairs shall be January 1 to December 31.