EMPLOYEE TRAVEL ANNOUNCEMENT
Since the inception of C1 passes for retirees, Pionairs has been advocating for an increase in the annual amount of C1/J’s to match previous upgrade levels. Pionairs is very pleased to announce that the 2023 C1/J pass allotment for retirees will increase from 4 passes annually to 6 annually. All other C1/J pass conditions remain unchanged.
Member must log in to Register for these courses.
The following courses are being offered in February, 2023
Shopping for a Computer or Tablet – Thursday, Feb. 16 – English –
Phishing Emails – Thursday, Feb. 23 – English –
How to Download Music from the Internet – Tuesday, Feb. 28 – English –
Explorations courses are FREE to Pionairs members.
Click on “Join Pionairs” above to enjoy this and many other member benefits.
A warm welcome to all new Pionairs members who have joined us recently.
We hope you’ll take a few moments to check out:
- our FREE to members Explorations courses. (See the list at the top of this page)
- what your District may have posted recently. (Just click Districts at the top and select yours)
- As a Pionairs member, you will be kept up to date on pension news, local District social events that are gradually opening up again, and you’ll also receive a monthly e-newsletter that provides other valuable information.
- Our website regularly updates the FREE Explorations courses available to members and provides easy access to Aeronet and ETS.
STANDBY TRAVEL PLAYBOOK
Unravelling the mysteries of employee travel
With our employee travel privileges, we have the opportunity to share the world with friends and family.
Navigating standby travel can be daunting, especially those that do not travel often or those that have not done so for some time. This is why the Employee Travel team has come up with a standby travel playbook, which acts as a guide to making the most out of your employee privileges. The playbook goes over every aspect of travelling on your employee passes, from how to shop for flights, to what to do on the day of departure, to how to adjust when things don’t go according to plan.
To access the Playbook, click the red ETS button near the top of this page then look under Travel Tips – Standby travel playbook – Travel 101. If you have any questions not covered in the playbook, feel free to reach out to the Travel team: 1 (833) 847-3675 or email@example.com
Pionairs Executive Board
Please note the following name and/or Title and/or email changes effective Sept. 1, 202
Director, Digital Media
Director, Member Support
Johnson Insurance Air Miles Program
Please click here for a message from Johnson Insurance regarding the Air Miles Program.
Johnson Insurance is
CANADIAN AVIATION HALL OF FAME
For his outstanding contribution to Canada’s aviation industry, Rhys Eyton was inducted as a member of Canada’s Aviation Hall of Fame at the 47th Induction Ceremony on June 23, 2022, at the Marriott Calgary Airport Hotel. Mr. Eyton was joined by five other inductees, who were also honoured at the Ceremony for their advancement of aviaiton in Canada. Read More.
LastPass Phishing Scam
Please read this article. It’s particularly important if you use LastPass for password management, but is still a warning on what to watch out for when it comes to phishing scams.
And if you’re not using a password manager, it is strongly recommended you do. There are many to choose from but any are better than no password protection!!
Is all your Pionairs Profile information correct?
Be sure you get all the news from Pionairs! Incorrect profile information may limit what you can see or receive.
To check your Profile, click this link
Need help? Click here for information.
Your Aeronet profile must be updated separately as well. You can check that by logging into the Aeronet and looking under Personal Information.
Is all your Pionairs Profile information correct?
Slide Presentations from the Pionairs 45th Annual Conference held in Ottawa on May 4, 2022, are available to members
ROSE ANNE’S STORY
Rose Ann reflects on how supportive her Air Canada family has been throughout her career and how they have continued to be an integral part of her life as she writes her next chapter.
Nicole has followed her passion for art and enjoys sharing this passion and her time with other Pionairs members. The sense of belonging her fellow Pionairs give her reassure her that the bonds of friendship will last far beyond her retirement.
DISCOVER YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
During our time at Air Canada, we forge strong bonds that can be described more like family than just friendships. The Air Canada Pionairs allows us to maintain those relationships while exploring the next chapter in our lives. These are bonds that helped define who we are and help prepare us for what comes next…
Pionairs is the official organization recognized by Air Canada to represent retired employees. We are available to answer your questions and provide you with relevant information, updates on travel privileges and industry news, pension and benefits, and more…
Pionair members now have the ability to:Subscribe / unsubscribe from any Newsletter lists on your profile
Change your email address shown in your profile
Change your password.
All you have to do is go to pionairs.ca/ > login > click on Edit Profile
These new features will be displayed:
After Subscribing or Unsubscribing – select “Save changes”
After changing your email – select “Change Email”
After changing your password – select “Change Password”
January 14, 2022
New Employee Travel Enhancements!!!
Based on employee and retiree feedback, Air Canada Employee Travel has just introduced some exciting new enhancements to retiree travel privileges:
· As of January 17, 2022, each retiree will be granted an annual “Flex bundle” of four (4) C1/J passes. These passes will be topped up to four (4) C1J passes at the beginning of each calendar year. As you know, C1/J passes are a higher priority than the current C2/J passes, and so these passes can be of great value to a retiree with many years of service standing by for a full flight
· There will be a one-time carryover of remaining passes (“Conversion bundle”) where any C1 passes a retiree may have now which have no expiry dates would stay with the retiree until depleted.
· The new, simplified cost structure (for bundle passes only) is great – all service charges for the bundle passes for retirees, spouses, nominated partners and dependent children are waived. For any additional travel companions and non-dependent children using bundle passes, the service charges will be based on the new zonal concept.
· Your regular unlimited allotment of C2/Y10 passes will remain unchanged.
· For more information, please consult the Employee Travel Website (“What’s New”, “Exciting Enhancements to Employee Travel”). Page 6 addresses retiree travel benefits.
January 2, 2022
Please note: as previously announced, your VSHP deduction is waived for January and February 2022. Regular deductions – at the 2021 level – will occur from March 31, 2022 to Dec. 31, 2022.
Explorations Courses – January 2022
Please log in to Register for these courses
Organizing your Photos and Videos on A Windows PC Computer – English
January 18 –
Organiser vos phots et videos sur unordinateur PC Windows – Français
janvier 21 –
Please watch this space for new courses to be added.