Barry C. Hoeppner CPA (CGA)
Barry is a Certified Public Accountant and a Six Sigma Black Belt. He held many roles at Air Canada during his 35 years there including Corporate Accounting & Consolidations Specialist, Black Belt managing the Six Sigma team. He was also Manager of the Air Canada Revenue Reporting & Control department in Winnipeg Finance. He retired from Air Canada in 2013 to accept a position as the Controller for ESI Rail. Barry is now self-employed doing financial consulting with his start-up company, Bottom Line Business Services.
Barry served as board Treasurer for the Western Canada Aviation Museum from 2003 to 2012 and is currently an accredited board member and chair of the Audit and Risk Committee for Winnipeg's Casera Credit Union.
Always fascinated by numbers, Barry's education included business studies at Red River College, the Certified Public Accountants program where he was awarded the Silver Medal, and many professional development courses. He brings with him a solid background in business, financial management, and operational and administrative practices. His work experience on an international level enables him to offer a global, as well as local perspective. He is well respected for his knowledge and contributions. Barry is also known for his engaging personality and humour and ability to quickly connect with people from all walks of life.
Duties – Past President
- Provides continuity in the conduct of the affairs of the Executive Board to the incumbent President and the Executive Board,
- In a consultative capacity, provides advice and counsel to the President and the Executive Board as required,
- Designated Privacy Chair with responsibility for any privacy issues which may arise.
- Designated Chair on the Nomination Committee, with responsibility to seek further nominations with the committee for the selection of a new future President
- Performs other duties to assist the President as may be assigned to the position by the President.