Beverly Lotocki was hired by Air Canada in the C&SS Department in Winnipeg on a casual part-time basis doing many and varied secretarial duties for approximately five years from 1978 to 1983,
In 1984 she was hired on permanent full time with Air Canada at the Winnipeg Maintenance Base, working for the Director, Western Region, Jim MacKay who oversaw a staff of approximately 500 employees. Bev’s title at that time was Personal Secretary to Mr. MacKay; her position would be later renamed Administrative Assistant. Bev continued in that position, working for a variety of Directors; to name a few, John Dolkjar, Ted Page, Dave Brooks, Ray Poulin and Bill Zoeller.
Bev had worked as an Executive Secretary to the Vice-President of a major grain company prior to employment with Air Canada Once the children were on the scene, she worked at home as a typist for a court reporter for the Government of Manitoba, Department of Attorney-General and on a part–time basis for fourteen years as a sales clerk and then a Department Signature at Eaton’s.
While employed with Air Canada, Bev was also active in the Winnipeg Interline Club for a few years, serving as Secretary.
Bev has also been a Member of the Board of Directors, Sturgeon Creek Community Centre as well as President of the Ladies Auxiliary Sturgeon Creek Community Centre.
Her husband, Walter, worked at the CN in Management for over forty years before his retirement. She has a daughter, Tannis who is a Physiotherapist, son-in-law Dana, who owns his own business. Bev also has a son Ronald, who has his Commerce and CMA degrees. Ronald’s wife Sue is an Occupational Therapist.
Bev has two granddaughters, Carli 16, Jayden 14 and two grandsons (twins), Ryan and Jake, 13.
Bev took early retirement from Air Canada in June 2003. She joined Pionairs after her retirement, serving as Director – Sporting Events from 2007 – 2009. At the beginning of 2011, the position was vacant due to the resignation of one of the Board Members and she was asked to return for the rest of the 2009-2011term. In 2011 she was offered, and accepted, the same position for the 2011 – 2013 term. In the Fall of 2014 Bev was offered the position of 2nd Vice President for the 2014 – 2015 term and currently in that position.
- In conjunction with the President and the Executive Board, responsible for research and preparation for the Semi-Annual & the Annual Pionairs Conference including the APC material and packages, site preparations, registration and publicity
- Liaise with hotel representative to set up AMM and Semi Annual and/or all other Executive in person meetings.
- Organize all meetings’ logistics including but not limited to: Setting up master account; booking meeting rooms and arranging required set up; booking lunches, coffee breaks etc.
- Set up and issue RFP’s for AV requirements for AMM and SAM (new for this role, however, for now, stays with Larry)
- Performs other duties to assist the President as may be assigned to the position by the President