Director, Member Support
Brian was born in London, UK and immigrated to Montreal in 1957. He completed the Air Transportation Management Course (Continuing Education Program) at McGill University in 1973.
In 1966 Brian was hired by Air Canada at the Dorval Base and started with the Purchasing & Supply Branch as a Stock keeper. He progressed through the Branch working in Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, & Toronto, holding the following positions:
- Dorval Base: Materials Shop Expeditor.
- Dorval Base: Line Maintenance AOG Materials Expeditor.
- Calgary: Purchasing & Supply Manager.
- Vancouver: Manager, Western Region, Purchasing & Supply.
- Toronto: Manager, Supply & Purchasing Services Central, Atlantic, USA & South.
- Toronto: Manager Strategic Purchasing, Airports, System.
- Toronto: Special Assignment USA Open Skies’ Implementation Team.
- Toronto: Manager, Materials Management, Airports & GSE, System.
- Montreal: A/ Director Logistics & Supply, System.
Brian also had a parallel 29 year career with the Canadian Forces Army Reserve, holding senior appointments as follows:
- Chief Warrant Officer, Regimental Sergeant Major, The Royal Montreal Regt.
- Chief Warrant Officer, District Sergeant Major, Southern Alberta.
- Chief Warrant Officer, Area Sergeant Major (Prairie ), Winnipeg.
He retired from Air Canada after 37 years and joined the Pionairs in 2003 in Toronto. In 2008 he relocated to British Columbia to be closer to his four adult children and three grandchildren .He resides in Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast, with his wife Lynne.
Brian joined the YVR Executive Board in 2009 and became the Membership & Data Base Director.
He became the Vancouver District Director in 2012.
He also has volunteered at three Olympic Games; 1976, 1988 & 2010. He is a 45+ year member of the Royal Canadian Legion, member of Habitat for Humanity and the West Sechelt Community Association.
Duties – Director, Member Support
- Reports to the President and works closely with Director, Membership.
- Responsible for negotiating with and maintaining corporate partnerships with Johnson Insurance, and other travel related sponsors.
- Works closely with the President and the First Vice President in negotiating with and maintaining contractual relationship.
- Investigates and negotiates additional future revenue income and benefits for the Pionairs.
- Receives and responds to all member's inquiries requesting information in regards to HR Connex, Health Insurance, Travel, POA and assistance to Survivors