Dave was born in North Bay, Ontario. In his youth, he spent several years in Europe, where his Dad was posted with the Royal Canadian Air Force. In 1962 the family moved to Winnipeg, where he attended Sisler High school. He graduated from University of Winnipeg with a degree in Geography. Dave was employed by the Province of Manitoba in the Highways Department. He held various positions in the highways branch, the last being manager responsible to oversee the aggregate resources for the Manitoba Capital Program for Highway construction. Dave retired October 2011 with 38 years of service.
Dave and Valerie have been married 35 years and have two children, Jennifer and Andrew and a grandson, Logan.
Dave became a member in 2004 as spouse of a retiree. He has assisted at four AGM's. He was offered the position of web and email director in 2011 under President Greg Connon and has continued in this position under Presidents Jacques Levesque (2013 – 2015), Val Jurkovic and Barry Hoeppner.
Duties – Director, Membership
- Reports to the Vice-President, and works closely with the Treasurer
- Works closely with District Directors and District data base coordinators
- Maintains the Membership master file on an ongoing basis
- Prepares Membership report and distribute to Executive Board on a monthly basis
- Receives and processes all Membership Applications
- Responsible for updating Welcoming Letter and to all new Members
- Submits all new members and cancellations to Air Canada Employee Care Team and submits irregularities to AC Estates Administration for investigation to be added to the Pionairs Master database.
- Assigns District codes and reformats data on the new monthly membership data base from Air Canada as required
- Reconciles AC monthly list and Pionairs membership data base on a regular basis
- Produces monthly Reports of obituaries and resignations and provides copies to District Directors and district data base coordinators
- Annually invoices (May/June) the non Pension Payroll members in the database
- Maintains a separate data base of the “Associate Members”