Gail Morlock was hired by Air Canada in April 1980 as a Secretary in Computer & Systems Service. While an employee in IT she worked on many projects, most notably, the Bull project and PANDA project. In 1990 Gail was assigned the position of Instructor and in that role taught Basic DOS, WordPerfect and Lotus to Management, ATS and Data Entry staff.
In September of 2000 Gail was offered the position of Administrative Assistant to the General Manager, Finance who oversaw a staff of plus 600 Finance employees. In 2004 she was promoted to Management as Executive Assistant to J.G. McLean, Controller of Air Canada.
During CCAA Gail was asked to participate as the Winnipeg representative in the bi-weekly teleconferencing meetings to disseminate important and timely information to Air Canada staff re developments in the CCAA process.
While employed with Air Canada Gail was very active in the Winnipeg Interline Club and through the years served as Secretary, Vice-President and President and ultimately became a member on the Board of Directors. She was the Recording Secretary for many years with the World Airlines Clubs Association and recorded the minutes at many Annual General Meetings around the world.
Gail’s husband Jerry, was the owner of Henderson Insurance in Winnipeg and retired from the insurance world in 2003. Gail and Jerry’s son Jay is a First Officer with Emirates Airlines and they are the proud grandparents of two granddaughters, Emily and Sarah. Gail enjoys golfing, skiing, traveling, reading, biking and walking.
Some of her accomplishments during her career include:
1987 Award of Excellence Recipient and a nominee for the award in 2005
(Air Canada’s most prestigious employee award).
Gail joined Pionairs in the spring of 2005 and in 2007 to 2009 enjoyed the challenging role of National Secretary under President Norma Dawson and was offered a second term on the Executive Board under President Jannet Tricarico. Gail continued her role as National Secretary 2011- 2013 under President Greg Connon ( 2011 – 2013), President Jacques Levesque (2013- 2015) and current President Val Jurkovic.
Duties – Secretary Roles and Responsibilities
- The secretary shall attend and be the secretary of all meetings of the Board Members, Executive Committee and other committees of the Board;
- Confirm quorums and tabulate votes at meetings; enter or cause to be entered in the Corporation’s minute book, minutes of all proceedings at such meetings;
- Give, or cause to be given, as and when instructed, notices to Members, Directors, the public accountant and members of committees;
- Be the custodian of all books, papers, records, documents and other instruments belonging to the Corporation.
- The Secretary shall carry out such other duties, which may be assigned by the President from time to time.
- Distributes copies of minutes to all members of the Executive Board and the Board of Directors as applicable.
- Retains custody of the Corporate Seal.
- Responsible for all annual filing required by Industry Canada.