A proven aviation management professional with broad experience in Commerical Airlines and Aviation Security, Larry has over forty years in the aviation industry. His career focused on Customer Service, Operations and Management, in cities stretched across Alberta, BC and the NWT. Larry brings extensive experience and a strong record of success in airline and airport operations management, along with communication and instructional skills.
Following the paradigm-shifting events of September 11, 2001, Larry retired from Air Canada and, over the next 10 years, was involved in the dramatic growth of Passenger Security Screening. As the Director, Operational Effectiveness with Garda Security Screening, he was responsible for safe and efficient operations, overseeing 12 bases and 1,200 employees across Western Canada.
Larry has also been a regular instructor for over 15 years with the BCIT Aviation Operations Programs sharing his subject matter expertise for both Aviation Security and the Aviation Safety and Risk Management (SMS) courses.
At home in Richmond, BC, Larry has been an active volunteer with his Strata Council. He also writes and administers a blog for the Strata to communicate frequently and effectively with all owners and residents.
Duties – Vice President
- Functions in place of the President whenever the President is absent or unable to perform the duties of office.
- In the absence of the President presides over all official meetings of the organization, including, without limitation, the Executive Board, the Board of Directors meetings and the Annual Pionairs Conference.
- Acts as first back-up signing authority on all Bank Accounts in the event the President or Treasurer is absent or unable to perform the duties of office.
- Provides advice and counsel to the President and the Executive Board at all meetings.
- With the President, attends meeting(s) with AC Travel and AC Group Benefits once per year.
- Provide support to Districts: Support new Directors and/or help resolve district issues
- Performs other duties to assist the President as may be assigned to the position by the President.