Laurie began working for Air Canada in 1987. She has worked in the Law Branch, Executive Branch and different areas of Marketing, always at the AC Headquarters Building in Dorval. Laurie retired in June, 2020 after 32 years, and quickly became a Pionairs member, accepting the position of Director, Communications in September 2021.
Duties – Director, Communication
- Report to President and Pionairs National Executive Committee
- Manage Facebook selective content and updates as co-administrator *
- Assist in producing 3-4 messages a year from the President *
- Prepare/edit monthly National newsletters *
- Prepare/edit National ad hoc messages and bulletins *
- Monitor Pionairs website’s general editorial content and liaise with the Webmaster (Districts are responsible for their own page content)
- Participate in special projects (e.g. membership campaign)
- Develop Communication Plans for implementation at National level and/or proposal to Districts
- Meet general communication requirements, including support to Districts.
* These items often include research/editing/translation in both official languages.